Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Swatch: China Glaze Halloween 2013 - Monster Ball collection

Okay! I'm finally done! Swatches of the China Glaze Monster Ball collection!

China Glaze's Halloween collection for 2013 is a glittery one and I must say some of them are really gorgeous!

Boring ones first.. First up is a textured polish - China Glaze Bump In The Night

China Glaze Bump In The Night

Bump In The Night is a pure jet black textured polish similar to the ones previously released by China Glaze except that instead of drying matte, it's this shiny wet tar road looking finish.

China Glaze Bump In The Night

Not my type of polish, but I know some of you are crazy over textured polishes. I still prefer the OPI glittery sands. :)

Next is China Glaze Boo-gie Down

China Glaze Boo-gie Down

I thought I would like China Glaze Boo-gie Down, but it ended abit meh for me.. China Glaze Boo-gie Down is filled with small, medium & large black hex glitters, some white hex & larger copper gold hex glitters and some black bar glitter in a clear base.

China Glaze Boo-gie Down

This polish reminds me alot of the Glitz collection. I think it could well be a Halloween glitz special. I used OPI Miso Happy With This Color as base and topped with one coat of China Glaze Boo-die Down.

China Glaze Bat My Eyes

China Glaze Bat My Eyes

China Glaze Bat My Eyes is a black jelly base polish filled with small gold hex glitters and some not very obvious gold bar glitters. The amount of glitters in this polish makes it a little thick but still manageable in terms of application.

I dont think this polish can be used as a topper.. Putting aside that it has a black jelly base, it's also much too thick.. I have two coats on in the photos.

China Glaze Bat My Eyes

In the day time.. Sorry for the chip over there. I think I actually do quite like this. :)

China Glaze Bat My Eyes

Bottle shot! really gorgeous right?!

Next up! China Glaze Howl You Doin'

China Glaze Howl You Doin'

I have mixed feelings about this one.. but looking at it long enough.. I think my decision is.. I like it. LOL

China Glaze Howl You Doin' is a dark purple jelly base polish filled with burple & fuchsia micro glitters and some larger irregular shaped orange glitters.

China Glaze Howl You Doin'

Does this polish look really familiar to you? Because I think it's really a copycat of OPI Merry Midnight & Orly Fowl Play.. but switching the flakies for glitters!

I'll do a quick comparison with both polishes when I got time!

China Glaze Howl You Doin'

Bottle shot! Does this convince you?

Last and my favourite! China Glaze Fang-Tastic!

China Glaze Fang-Tastic

China Glaze Fang-tastic is filled with small green, pink & purple hex glitters + some larger blue hex glitters in a clear base. I have one coat of China Glaze Fang-tastic over OPI My Vampire Is Buff in the photos.

China Glaze Fang-tastic

Okay, I know my photos suck in showing how gorgeous this polish is.. but I'm really in love!!

China Glaze Fang-tastic

Look at the bottle! You know what I mean? I'll snatch this up if I were you!

That's all for today! I think I have the China Glaze Horizon collection coming soon. So many swatching to do!!

BTW to all my Singapore readers, the China Glaze Monster Ball collection is now available for sale at http://PolishAlley.com

7 comments:

  1. This must be the best CG collection this year! Thank you for swatches, I've already ordered them via polishalley - a webshop I had never heard of before. Can't wait to get them. Are you happy with this webshop, do they deliver quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not one of them seems to exciting. Think I probably pass on most of them this time and it that is sad because I always buy every polish in the halloween collections for the past few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    I couldn't find an email address for you so thought I would write you here.

    I saw your swatches and was wondering if I could use one of your swatch photos from this post: http://thecherylflavour.blogspot.ca/2013/07/swatch-china-glaze-halloween-2013.html and post it on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/nailpolishcanada)?

    I would of course link to your blog post and say the photo is from your blog, I just don't want to post one of your photos without permission.

    Would you be able to email me and let me know if it's ok with you?

    Thanks,
    Nicole

    nicole@nailpolishcanada.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bump In The Night,.....I run right now for it!!!!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete